Our client is a dynamic, creative and driven furniture design and manufacturer based close to Knutsford. They work with clients across the hospitality industry and recent projects include hotels, restaurants and bars throughout the UK. The business is growing and we are now looking for a Business Development Manager to help us take it even further.
Our Business Development Manager will be based at our offices near Knutsford and be responsible for the overall relationship and management of day-to-day sales activities towards furniture manufacturing clients in his/her provided regions of Scotland and South England. You will successfully manage the sales of our products through structured consultative sales discussions, ultimately serving as a business Style Matters advisor towards your customers. By positioning yourself as an indispensable resource, you will enable your customers to solve problems and increase business results. In turn, you will be building a thriving business of your own.
- Schedule and hold face-to-face meetings with new and existing customers, learning about their business and how Style Matters and our in-house design team can enhance their results
- Be responsible for the growth of your areas, through new client acquisition as well as the development of existing relationships
- Identify and analyse past buying patterns of current accounts, and brainstorm ways to become their stronger, more inclusive supplier
- Provide a state of the art customer service experience, positioning yourself as their desired one-stop-shop
- Educate yourself on, and continuously stay up to date with, our product offerings as well as ever-changing market conditions and competitive analysis
- Hold responsibility for system information and reporting in CRM application
- Making proactive outgoing calls to new and prospective clients
- 5+ years of successful proactive sales experience
- An existing network within the furniture industry is ideal but not essential
- Ability to schedule and manage your own time, delivering on the activities that produce results
- Willingness/ability for overnight travels
- Proactive, high energy, coachable, strong work ethic
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Developed analytical, planning, organising, and monitoring skills
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software an asset
- Link with our in-house design team to put forward presentations and tenders for upcoming design / projects that require our services
- Secure information and find out who to talk to with regards to new or upcoming projects
- Target driven and financially motivated
- Report to sales manager weekly with performance statistics
- Good understanding of Microsoft products
- Must meet deadlines and be proactive
- Always be presentable, smart and promote the company in a professional manner.
The role is full time but we would consider 4 days per week. We offer a basic salary with on target earnings to £33,500 per annum.
Due to our location, our ideal candidate would have their own transport as there is limited public transport within the area.
For more information about this role, please contact Pam: email@example.com or call her on 07872 384121